Table of Contents
Setting Spray and its Use
Setting Spray is the “hairspray” of the makeup world, an invisible mist that blocks your look.
It’s simple: when you have all your makeup, including powder and mascara, put it on, hold the bottle about 8 inches from your face, close your eyes, and spray your entire face.
When talking between the powder and spray settings, know that you don’t have to use both.
However, if you want to double up, go ahead! Sprinkle the powder with the Spray, and your skin will remain smooth and matte.
Makeup, smudged lipstick, and flaky mascara have no way out with these fixative sprays.
Best Setting Sprays
1. M.A.C. Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ Makeup Setting Spray
- There’s a decent reason why this has been a staple in the kits of pro makeup performers’ kits for years.
- It sets makeup and recovers wear for 12 hrs. and delivers an immediate dosage of hydration, in addition to skin-soothing green tea, cucumber, and chamomile.
- Not to an indication that it’s also dermatologist- and ophthalmologist-tested, and non-acnegenic, too.
2. “Fixierspray perfect face prep + fix spray” from p2 cosmetics
- With this fixing spray, you score twice: The “perfect face prep + fix spray” can be used as a finishing spray and works as a makeup base.
- To do this, use it onto the skin before the foundation is applied. In this case, the Spray has a matt effect and visually minimizes the pores.
- Applied after makeup, it forms a thin protective film that extends the life of the makeup. And the best thing about it: the refreshing grapefruit scent. Another plus point: the unbeatable price.
3. NYX Professional Makeup Setting Spray Matte
- Those with oily skin are arguably the greatest prone to facing makeup meltdown, create a spray even more essential.
- According to Nielsen data, this one—which was the number one in America last year—is a choice.
- One quick Spray locks makeup in place while also mattifying the skin and combating polish instantly, and helping to minimize the look of pores in the process.
4. “De-Slick Make-up Setting Spray” from Urban Decay via Douglas
- Also, this product perfected your makeup in a snap! Finish, the fine Mist extends the durability of your makeup and prevents unwanted shine.
- It has been clinically tested and is not only oil-free but also paraben-free.
- It makes it mainly suitable for oily and combination skin. With it, foundation, blush, eye shadow, and Co.
- Stay precisely where they belong. We like that: thanks to the mini format, the Spray fits easily in any handbag.
5. E.L.F. Cosmetics Makeup Mist
- It comes in both a small and large size, ringing in at just a few bucks, respectively, a true steal of a deal.
- Even extra, given how effective the formula is at setting makeup while also nourishing skin with aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E.
6. “Infallible Fixing Mist” from L’Oréal Paris
- It is from L’Oréal Paris that promises a 24-hour hold and a flawless finish.
- The white powder on the bottom of the bottle combines with the liquid. Shake it well before each use!
- And then the makeup looks fresh even after the longest working day at the after-work party. Perfect for all-night owls.
7. Urban Decay Hydrating and Chill Cooling Setting Spray
- Yes, it’s another Urban Decay repeat; the brand knows setting sprays.
- Reach for this one on those hot summer days when you can feel the makeup sliding off your face as soon as you leave the house.
- It boasts an exclusive temperature control technology that chills your makeup to set it in place for up to 12 hrs., not to mention feels gloriously refreshing going on.
- Maybelline Lasting Fix Makeup
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. …
- Kate Somerville Un-complicated SPF 50 (FIFTY) Soft Focus Makeup
- iNNBEAUTY Power Up 3-in-1 Mist.