Table of Contents
Shampoo for men
Shampoo for men is different from women’s as hair problems are entirely different from women’s. The most common is a too oily scalp and, consequently, hair.
Men want their hair to look fresh and clean. But more than 90% of the hair representatives become greasy and messy after 16-20 hours after shampooing.
It is due to a different skin structure than in women.
In men, the skin is thicker and rougher, there are many more sebaceous glands in this skin than in women, and they produce sebum much faster.
Therefore, men choose shampoos marked “for frequent/daily use,” “for oily scalp,” “for oily hair shine.
” Extracts of mint, aloe, menthol are added to men’s hair shampoos so that men feel the freshness on the scalp for some time after taking a shower.
Besides, a slight shiver on the skin slows down the production of sebum.
Another widespread male problem is early alopecia. Hair loss problems most often contain deeper causes. But hair loss shampoos are in great demand.
Who knows, maybe they help in the fight to preserve hair. Men’s shampoos contain herbal and plant extracts that strengthen the hair roots.
Simultaneously, there should not be a large number of nutrients in men’s shampoos, which are so much in women’s shampoos.
Otherwise, men’s hair will become very dirty and will also be deprived of natural hair volume.
Men’s shampoo for different hair type
- A men’s shampoo differs from a women’s shampoo primarily in terms of its fragrance. However, a fresh, masculine smell should not be the only selection criterion.
- To find the best men’s shampoo, you should know your hair type and its needs precisely and then adjust the product accordingly.
- If you want to be on the safe side, you should ask a hairdresser about it.
- But what types of hair are there anyway? Here is a small overview of the most commoners’ hair types:
- Oily hair is due to excessive sebum production and quickly appears straggly and, above all, unkempt.
- Flaky hair occurs when the scalp is genetically determined or irritated by external factors.
- Anyone who suffers from thinning hair or even hair loss wants to slow down hair loss to prevent baldness.
- Gray hair occurs when the color pigments in the hair roots run out with age. Then the hair usually becomes duller and more brittle
Men’s shampoo for every day
- If you don’t have flaky, greasy, gray, or falling hair and are only looking for a daily cleansing shampoo, a
practical 2-in-1 Hair & Body Shampoo for men is suitable men.
- Above all, they have a moisturizing effect and thus prevent dullness, dryness, and split ends.
- The 2-in-1 shampoos are primarily designed for the hair. They have a more substantial washing power than usual shower gels.
- But they have fewer lipid-replenishing ingredients. Some 2-in-1 shampoos replace a conditioner.
So you combine cleaning and care in one step.
- Especially when it comes to caring products, the choice can quickly become overwhelming.
Best men’s shampoos
- Dove Men Plus Care 2-in-1 Shampoo, Complete Care, 12 Ounce
- Beardo Hair Fall Control Shampoo for Men, 250ml | Made in India
- The Man Company Apple Cider Vinegar Anti Dandruff Shampoo No Paraben & Sulphate – 200 Ml | Made in India
- “Deep Revitalizing Care Shampoo” from NIVEA MEN
- “MEN + CARE Shampoo Energy Boost” from DOVE
- “Classic Clean Effective & Gentle” from HEAD & SHOULDERS
- “Triple Shampoo” from SYSTEM MAN
- Goldwell Dualsenses Men Thickening Shampoo provides more fullness and healthier hair.
- Men Wise Up Scalp Shampoo the Tigi Bed Head removes dandruff and regulates sebum production on the scalp.
- Redken Brews Silver Charge Shampoo gives gray and white hair a beautiful silver shine.
- Schwarzkopf 3D Man Activating Shampoo makes men’s hair thicker and supports hair growth.
- Kevin. Murphy Balancing Wash cleanses incredibly thoroughly and effectively helps with oily hair.
- Schwarzkopf 3D Man Anti-Dandruff Shampoo effectively removes dandruff and soothes scalp irritation.
Suitable shampoo compositions
- Depending on your hair and its needs, you should consider specific criteria when choosing a shampoo.
1. For Thin and fine hair
- Thin, fine hair lies close to the scalp and, therefore, often appears powerless. It also greases faster.
- It is best to use a volume shampoo for men. It contains so-called polymers that coat every single hair and thus slightly thicken it.
- Ceramide and panthenol simultaneously fill in tiny gaps in the hair shaft so that your hair appears more voluminous overall.
- If that is not ample, you can also use styling products with a puffy effect.
2. For Greasy hair
- If your hair looks straggly again a few hours after washing, you have oily hair. Use a mild anti-grease shampoo with a high concentration of detergent substances.
- Of course, it shouldn’t contain lipid-replenishing ingredients!
- However, we recommend that you always use the anti-grease shampoo in alternation with a shampoo for normal hair so that your scalp does not dry out.
3. To prevent hair loss
- Many men suffer from increased hair loss from the age of 20.
- Everybody loses an average of 100 hairs a day – if there is a lot more, you should counter this with a good shampoo for men.
- Hair loss shampoos stimulate blood circulation in the scalp and thus promote hair growth.
- You can intensify this effect by using hair lotion that contains caffeine.
- In the pharmacy, you can also get medical foam with the active ingredient minoxidil.
- It only works after about six months and is not suitable for sensitive scalps.
4. For Flaky hair
- If you have dandruff, your skin is either too dry or too oily. A dry scalp often leads to redness, a feeling of
tightness, or a slight burning sensation.
- If you have an oily scalp, the sebum production increases, resulting in excessively oily hair.
- Most anti-dandruff shampoos provide relief from greasy as well as dry dandruff.