Table of Contents
What is a detox?
A detox is a unique regimen to remove toxins from the body and thereby detoxify them.
Poisons and acids form automatically in the human organism over time and sometimes intensify by food, environmental influences, and other habits.
Detox has many meanings, but in the context of nutrition, detox or detox means detoxification.
The body is supposed to be clean of unwanted metabolic products and toxins with particular foods.
Then our self-healing powers should be activated and the body brought into balance.
With a cure of a few days, pollutants cell waste has funneled the body, the cells get activated, and an extra portion of the energy is provided.
Orthodox doctors always emphasize that a healthy body is already adequately equipped for an optimal metabolism through the intestines, liver, kidneys, and skin.
Only addicts should really “detoxify.” Anyone who has ever done a detox cure or any other detox type will most likely agree that the detox was good for them.
When you detoxify the body, you feel lighter and increasingly more powerful.
Accordingly, the market for detox products such as green smoothies and other fruit burners is booming.
What seems optimal for the body, however, can cause problems for our teeth.
How to Detox Your Body?
- Juices made from fruits and vegetables form the basis because they consist of a lot of water, which frees the body of harmful substances.
- Besides, plenty of vitamins, minerals, and secondary plant substances feed the organism with vital power.
- In the detox juice cure, the food must have organic quality so that no new pollutants enter the body and that the food is not above 42 degrees hot.
- Otherwise, the enzymes and essential nutrients will overcook.
How the detox cure works?
- As a beginner, set up the cure for three days. In the morning, start your day with 300 to 500 milliliters of warm water and half a lemon juice.
- The kidney metabolism gets going, the gastrointestinal tract is clean, and the liver is flush with plenty of fluid for detoxification.
- Half an hour later you can have breakfast. You can treat yourself to 5 to 6 meals in the form of juices, smoothies, or soups. In an emergency, vegetables, fruits, and a few nuts are allowed.
5 Tips on how to detoxify your body fast
- A detox can also work well from home, although it is how successful it is in your own hands—all you have to correct few things in your diet and lifestyle.
- These changes can significantly lower the pollutants in your body and thus improve your well-being and your performance.
Tip 1: Antioxidants
- Your body already has a powerful weapon that can fight off invading pollutants. This weapon is called antioxidants.
- These antioxidants are found, for example, in the form of vitamin C in numerous types of fruit, green tea, black pepper, or omega-3 fatty acids, especially in astaxanthin.
- The antioxidants ensure that your body’s cells and brains are protected and not attacked by harmful substances.
- So antioxidants are the most natural way to detoxify your body from the home. A study from China found out help the antioxidants while reactive oxygen compounds to in your body eliminate.
- These oxygen compounds are called free radicals and react with the cells in your body.
- In other words, they attack your cells and make them age faster. It is not only a concern for the health of your body but also your brain.
Tip 2: Reduce stress
- Sounds more comfortable than I said, but stress is one of the most important levers that you can turn to
detoxifying your body.
- Anxiety becomes a problem, especially when it is chronic because then your body is in a permanent state of emergency, which is known as ” distress. “
- Cortisol causes nerve cells to age more quickly in some regions of the brain and even prevents new nerve cells.
- So if you want to detoxify your body, the reduction of cortisol is one of the most critical factors to improve your overall health and, above all, mental performance!
Tip 3: Sweat out toxins
- One of the most relaxing ways to detoxify the body is in the sauna. The sauna helps reduce stress but detoxifies the body still another way.
- On the one hand, the heat stimulates your metabolism and strengthens the immune system.
- The heat has an incredibly detoxifying effect on your skin. When it is hot, your body begins to sweat to cool the body down.
- Other substances are also transported away through the sweat, such as toxins, leading to loss of fluid.
- Your body temperature rises during the sauna, which increases blood flow to the cells.
- This increased blood flow helps detoxify the body because it can transport the toxins away more quickly.
- Last positive side effect: Heat and sweat cause your top layers of skin to swell and removes dead skin cells.
- The sauna is an all-rounder and can detoxify your body inside and out.
Tip 4: Drink less alcohol and avoid nicotine
- It’s in your hands, and you decide which pollutants you add to your body. Sure, for many people, alcohol and nicotine are among the luxury foods that can relax.
- For your body, however, the two are precisely the opposite, namely pollutants.
- So if you want to detoxify your body, alcohol and nicotine are the two most essential pollutants you should avoid.
- The ingredients of the cigarette not only damage your lungs in the first place but also have a retroactive effect on your heart, your immune system, and your skin.
- Your body has nothing to oppose this. Your body can neither compensate nor break down the pollutants in nicotine.
- Most of the alcohol breaks down in your liver through a lot of effort.
- This process damages the liver’s cell structure and ensures the breakdown of fatty acids breakdown.
Tip 5: The right diet
- Another tip aims to detoxify the body internally. For all that, what you eat, takes effect on the health of your body.
- Many are not aware of how many poisons they put into their own body every day. Many foods are beneficial for the health of your intestines and can even bind toxins.
- Above all, this includes foods rich in fiber, such as whole-grain products, flax seeds, and fresh berries.
- These contain thread, which binds toxins in the intestines and promotes elimination.
- But there is also great power in small, inconspicuous foods. Above all, there is garlic, which has a preventive effect on detoxifying the body.
- Garlic has antibacterial and antibiotic properties that protect the body from disease, reduce inflammation and strengthen the immune system!
- It is also essential to drink plenty of water – 2-3 liters per day is best.
- So it’s even better than just avoiding harmful substances to eat healthy foods that even bind toxic substances and thus detoxify your body even better.
- The superstar among the foods that detoxify the body is the chlorella alga or the powder.
- As the chlorella alga binds pollutants to itself, it removes them from the body and has an extremely detoxifying effect.