The Smile lines and the smile lines’ beauty are two fundamental parameters of the tooth shapes’ arrangement in the configuration of an aesthetically pleasing smile.
They are established by objective parameters but can undergo changes based on subjective taste.
If they are not properly analyzed, it makes no sense to speak in any way about the new smile’s project.
You will find all the other beauty parameters analyzed below frames between the lips, which, opening up, fundamentally determine.
Harmony of the teeth and gums’ exposure, it is intuitive that since the lips are the smile framing determinants, we will have an upper smile line and a lower smile line.
To clarify this vital parameter to the reader without doubts, we must specify that both the upper and the lower ones refer
What makes a great smile?
- Hollywood stars would immediately think of white teeth. But in reality, the brilliance of our teeth does not play a decisive role at all.
- The beauty of a smile rather depends on the proportions of the upper incisors and their symmetry.
Factors that define the harmony of the smile
- For a precise facial analysis, the following reference lines are drawn
- It passes through the center of the pupils and serves as a horizontal reference line
- It divides the pupillary line vertically and passes through the anterior nasal spine.
- Ideally, it traverses the area of the contact point of the central front teeth precisely.
- The incisal plane represents an auxiliary plane running parallel to the pupillary line at the height of the central anterior teeth’ incisal edges.
- It is essential for defining the occlusal plane and the smile line.
- A line parallel to the lower lip’s curvature following the upper front teeth’ edge.
- If your teeth follow the lower lip’s natural curvature when you smile, that smile appears particularly friendly.
- Smile is also a factor in the teeth’ symmetry concerning the mid-line and the teeth’ natural curvature concerning the smile line.
- It is also necessary to consider the shape of the teeth, which must be suitable for the different forms of the face (square, triangular, oval ) individually or according to the type of look.
- Most affect the smile’s aesthetics are the upper incisors’ relationship in terms of their respective length and width.
- And also, the ratio of the first incisors’ visible width to the lateral incisors and canines.
- Here, the ideal principle of aesthetic proportion ( golden section ) plays an important role.
- The golden ratio indicates a perfectly defined division ratio, which the anterior teeth’ visible surfaces reflect.
- The ideal ratio between the length and width of the upper incisors is 1 to 0.8.
What is the gum smile?
- It is good to clarify that the gum smile, also known by the Anglo-Saxon term “gummy smile,” is not a pathology.
- It is a purely aesthetic defect, which can cause severe discomfort in some patients.
- Even if they have a perfect set of teeth, those who have a gum smile can feel embarrassed when smiling; they excessively expose their gums.
What causes a gummy smile?
- The reality is that the cause of a gummy smile is a lot more complicated.
- Since there are several reasons for a gummy smile, it is essential to consult a specialist who understands the various reasons.
- Here’s why it matters: the treat isn’t a cookie-cutter; it depends on the cause. Each cause of a gummy smile
determines the treatment needed.
- Now that you understand this let’s take a look at the three most common causes of a gummy smile.
- As always, I’ll analyze and simplify each cause, so they’re easy to understand. You have probably seen that the reasons for the gummy smile are much more technical.
- If you’ve read terms like delayed passive eruption or vertical excess in the upper jaw, all of this is correct but difficult to understand.
- Why should I give you the raw materials when I can cook them for you? I will break down the causes and efficiently, so there is no confusion.
What treatment do I need to correct a Smile lines?
- We’ve talked a lot about what causes a gummy smile and what treatments can reduce a gummy smile.
- It’s only natural that you wonder what treatment do I need to correct my gummy smile? I’ll help you narrow down the most common causes of a gummy smile and identify the most common ones to consider for each reason.
Too Much Gum On Teeth
- Gingivectomy or crown lengthening is the most commonly considered treatment to correct large gums on teeth where the teeth appear short.
Lip Lifting Too High
- Lip lowering surgery is best for permanent correction if your lips lift too high when you smile or consider botox as a short-term choice.
The upper jaw is also long
- If the jaw is too long from the skeleton, but orthodontics is generally working well, lowering the lip can improve a rubbery smile if the jaw is long.
- The upper and lower jaws are not orthodontically aligned. Orthognathic surgery is often a better option.
Also Read: Rosewater – Properties, Health Benefits, It is a complete cosmetic
Also, You can find more helpful resources at Mashable Online.
Also Read : Supplement Submit Guest Post