Dark Red Lipstick
The dark red lipstick is one of the cosmetics that dresses the lips of ladies who like not to go unnoticed.
She knows how to be cheeky when paired with showy makeup, but she also knows how to make us elegant for a memorable evening.
A little refinement is needed to make the mouth a real rosebud with crepuscular petals.
This cosmetic had particular moments of glory in some historical periods, of the 20s, when flapper lip makeup gave a fascinating and dramatic aura to black and white photos.
In the 80s, the punk style has even conquered the catwalks. Every era has loved dark red lipstick.
Even today, for an evening makeup that makes the difference, this product’s use becomes an absolute must,
coordinated with lighter and more heavy eye makeup.
It emphasizes the mouth, making it well defined, leaving the look more elegant with a bit of matte brown eyeshadow and a mascara veil.
Dark lipstick is good for?
- Dark lipstick is among the most popular makeup trends ever. However, since it is not very easy to wear, it is necessary to choose it with caution, considering several aspects.
- Often, showing off dark lips with inappropriate makeup in combination can lead to an inelegant result, with the risk of becoming vulgar.
- But then, how to choose the most suitable dark lipstick for us and show off makeup with a focus on the lips that is sensual and chic at the same time
- In general, you have to choose the shade that best suits your complexion, opting for a cold or warm undertone depending on your face.
- The dark red lipstick can create spectacular contrasts with very fair skin, giving a pleasant bold effect to the mouth.
- But on the contrary, it also looks great on girls with a Mediterranean complexion, especially if the cosmetic has a warm undertone, as it elegantly darkens the natural lip color.
- As mentioned, dark red lipstick can also be good for other girls, as long as you choose a red tone that it already gives typically.
- The ideal is to do some tests with the lipsticks we already have at home to understand if the orange or pink shades are more for us, to understand even the type of dark red can suit us better.
- As the dark red lipstick is quite visible, let us also always apply it with a special lip brush.
- Before using, we trace the lip contours with a pencil of the same color as the lipstick or at most one or two tones lighter; then, we apply our cosmetic precisely.
- For a gloss effect, we can use a touch of transparent lip gloss.
The power of dark red lipstick
- If we were suddenly to leave carrying only one makeup product, we would probably choose the lipstick, the only one that, in two quick steps, can teleport us from the gray of the underworld to worldly life.
- In economics, the “lipstick effect” refers to an asset that increases sales even in an economic recession, just like in the case of lipstick.
- It increases our self-confidence, makes us feel more beautiful, and improves our mood; red is energy, courage, femininity.
- But in addition to the psychological power and the aesthetic sense, today we can have more performing cosmetics, with a long-lasting and moisturizing action.
Things to Consider When Buying Dark Red Lipstick
- Identify your skin undertone before buying lipstick, as the different lip colors will complement different skin tones.
- You may choose a red lipstick with a blue undertone if you have cool-toned skin and a pink undertone if you have warm-toned skin.
- The lipsticks are available in different designs, e.g., B. matt, shimmering, cream, shiny and metallic. Choose the finish according to your taste or occasion.
- The matte and cream-colored surfaces are perfect for the day, while the glossy, shimmery, and metallic shades are suitable for the evening with heavy makeup.
Type of lipstick
- Lipsticks are typical in liquid lipsticks, lip pastels, or standard ball lipsticks.
- You may choose one based on your preferences and needs. Liquid lipsticks are more pigmented and eliminate the need for a lip liner. With standard lipsticks, you may need to use lipstick.
- Lipsticks should be smooth and durable, so you don’t have to keep touching up.
- Always check his label to learn more about his stamina. Also, you can check user reviews to get an idea of how long it will last on your lips.
- Always choose moisturizing lipsticks, as these will add a plump look to your lips. Matte lip colors also have moisturizing properties. So look for these goods.
- Argan oil, shea butter, and avocado oil act as the nourishing ingredients used as moisturizers in lipsticks.
Best Red Lipsticks
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Stunna Lip Paint – Uncensored
- It seems that this color was made by Rihanna herself, who is very demanding when it comes to red lipsticks, while she was looking for the perfect shade of red. High pigmentation and excellent durability.
Sephora, Cream Lip Stain No transfer effect – 01 Always Red
- Sephora branded liquid lipstick is widely sold in this shade: the applicator is comfortable and not too long, it contains avocado oil and vitamin E, which contribute to good hydration, it is the typical diva red.
Yves Saint Laurent, Rouge Pur Couture The Mats – 223 Corail Anti-Mainstream
- Satin and silky effect but not extremely matt, it spreads quickly, lasts a long time with great pleasure on the lips, and maintains hydration for a long time with jojoba oil.
Chanel, Rouge Allure Luminous intense lip color – Pirate
The Pirate is the color that imitates the red used by Coco Chanel, has a blue undertone, and therefore is one of the colors that best suits all complexions.
- Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick in Red
- Lakmé 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick in Red Letter
- Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick in Red Supreme
- MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick in Drop Dead Red
- NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream in Madrid