Primer is used if you are concerned about your makeup’s smooth application or longevity.
You can put it on every time you put on makeup. It depends on you.
You can skip the primer if you have no problem using the primer and wearing it throughout the day.
You don’t need to apply a foundation every time you put your makeup on.
However, if you have issues with large pores, fine lines, redness, or makeup that falls off, consider applying a foundation.
How does it help in make-up?
- Pharmacy foundations want their makeup to look flawless and last longer.
- For flawless makeup, you must have the perfect foundation, and a foundation must apply.
- A foundation blurs pores, evens out your skin tone, and prolongs the life of your makeup.
- It gives your skin an airbrushed look and is the perfect base for applying foundation, concealer, and other makeup products.
- Some foundations are also hydrating to keep your foundation from looking cakey. Such foundations are suitable for dry skin.
- Many drugstore brands like L’oreal, E.L.F., Maybelline, Milani, Nyx, and others have primers for different skin types and needs.
- According to experts, these pharmacy primers are comparable to high-end primers.
How are primers used?
- Before using a foundation, cleanse and hydrate your skin. Take a pea-sized measure in the palm of your hand.
- Apply it to your face with your fingertips and wait a minute. Then move on to the rest of your makeup.
- If you use a spray, shake the bottle well, then use 2-4 T- or X-shaped pumps.
The Best Drugstore Primers for long-lasting makeup
- Here, we have accumulated a list of the best drugstore primers that won’t break the series but still provide a smooth canvas for applying makeup.
- Our list of the best drugstore primers includes primers for different needs and skin types so you can choose the perfect one for you.
L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Lock Matte Primer
- This foundation from the L’Oreal Infallible range is formulated so that your makeup lasts all day.
- Effectively primes the skin and blurs pores for smooth application of foundation and concealers.
- There is also a luminescent foundation for dry skin in this area.
Stay Matte Primer Rimmel London for oily skin
- For women with oily skin, sufficient drugstore foundations can control the oil and prevent makeup from slipping off while making pores less visible.
- Rimmel Primer does all of this with its mousse texture, making it the finest for Oily Skin.
- It gives a matte finish and makes the skin oil-free before makeup is applied. The formula is also straightforward.
- It allows the primer to hold oil and shine in check for hours without clogging up your pores .
- Suitable drugstore primers can control oil and keep makeup from sliding off for women with oily skin while also making pores less apparent.
E.l.f Poreless Putty Primer for combination skin
- This base contains squalene, which hydrates the skin by mimicking your body’s natural oils.
- It moreover smoothes the skin and fills the stomata, which can even help you deal with huge pores.
- The only downside is that it comes in a container with nope tools or applicators.
- So if you are using primers that come in tubes or bottles with pumps, this primer can be challenging to apply.
Also Read: Waxing – Types of homemade, sustainable waxing, Techniques, Best Kits
Also, You can find more helpful resources at Health Blogging.